[WSBAPT] Creditor claims questions

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Apr 13 13:38:03 PDT 2022

I cannot provide any guidance to the second question about the ancillary
probate - but I would recommend that the Declaration of the PR detailing
their efforts to ascertain creditors can be filed at any time. Though I try
(as a best practice) to send my PR the Declaration Ascertaining Creditors
to coincide with the end of the creditor period, I do not believe that the
statutes would invalidate such a declaration even if it was filed months
later. As stated in the statute, the presumption is with the PR and the
burden is high on the creditor to show that they were reasonably
ascertainable.

I would file the Declaration and then I would send correspondence to the
Creditor advising that they were not reasonably ascertainable as by the
sworn declaration of the efforts undertaken by the PR and that they are out
of luck (as to the Main probate). If they persist, then I might recommend
affirmatively setting a hearing to get the order by the Court confirming
these actions as allowed by sub-paragraph (3).

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /