[WSBAPT] Creditor claims questions

Suzanne Lieberman suzanne at cmslawfirm.com
Wed Apr 13 13:09:38 PDT 2022

Hello,

If a creditor in WA in the main probate was provided notice under RCW
11.40.020 but not actual notice because they were not reasonably
ascertainable (and PR did not start receiving statements until af few
months after the claims period), and creditor did not present the claim
within four months after the first publication of notice, first, may/should
the PR file an affidavit with the court under RCW 11.40.040(3), or is it
too late? Second, since this is now a known creditor and an
ancillary probate has been opened in FL, is PR obligated to provide notice
to this creditor for the FL probate?

Sincerely,

Suzanne Lieberman
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com/>
*811 Kirkland Ave. Suite 201 *(please note new address!)
Kirkland, WA 98033
206-383-6484 (Cell Phone)
206-659-1512 (Main Office)

Legal stuff I have to put in... *To ensure compliance with Treasury
Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly
indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC
to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i)
avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal
Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another
party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).*