[WSBAPT] Question for Oregon Licensed Attorneys

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:01:13 PDT 2022

Thank you so much, Phil. The probate is the main concern and why I'd want
it in the trust to begin with. Client may decide to rent it out in the
future and if so, I suggested at that time to consider speaking with an OR
attorney to see if it is appropriate to transfer to an LLC for liability
reasons. However, I think she can easily transfer it to the LLC as the
trustee if needed in the future. A colleague suggested she may want to
purchase it in her individual name first and then transfer it to the trust.
I don't believe I see the need and can't find anything that suggests she
needs to. I think this would just cause an additional fee for her to retain
an OR attorney to draft another deed and she'd have to pay a second
recording fee. Let me know if you see it differently.

Thanks so much!

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*