[WSBAPT] Question for Oregon Licensed Attorneys

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Tue Apr 12 13:49:31 PDT 2022

I can't think of any issues.  Of course, I might be missing something.  It would avoid Oregon probate, which is not as simple as Washington probate.
Is it rented out?  You might think about whether the trust needs to be registered to do business in Oregon.  I have no idea.  Oregon income tax will be due if it is rented out.  Probably needs to be reported on the client's federal and Oregon individual returns either way.
Can't think of anything else.  Am I missing anything?
Phil

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP
900 S.W. Fifth Ave. Suite 2500