[WSBAPT] Referral - Ejectment Actions re: Estate Property

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Thu Sep 30 16:10:25 PDT 2021

Diane,

I'm not sure about the assessing costs issue, but I do think there is an argument for the Personal Representative deducting rent from the distribute due the beneficiary who refuses to move from the estate house. Fair rent may have been $2000/month. I see no reason the Personal Representative couldn't charge $1000/month against that beneficiary's share at ultimate distribution. One beneficiary out of four doesn't have the right to that benefit of the estate that the others do not get.

I'm interested about others thoughts on assessing costs as well. Some families wouldn't care, they just want it resolved, but it can also be a bargaining chip in the negotiation to get them out voluntarily.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7B615.AD4EF3C0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.