[WSBAPT] Nonintervention Estate - Sale to PR Court Approval

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Tue Sep 21 15:26:35 PDT 2021

For many years I have been getting court approval if a PR buys an asset of an estate in nonintervention estates.
In looking at the pleadings I have used for an approval I see I have used RCW 11.40.140.  I read it and I don’t think it has anything to do with that. I looked through 11.68 (nonintervention) and I didn’t see a provision requiring court approval.   The probate I am dealing with involves a PR who is not a beneficiary.
So I am wondering if I even need to get court approval?  I would kind of like a court order approving of the sale, but I am not sure what RCW to use.

Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185
509 647 5578