[WSBAPT] Common-owner Granting Easement to Self?

Stuart Scarff stuart at scarfflaw.com
Fri Sep 10 12:32:55 PDT 2021

David,

I generally include “Recitals” in my Easements and when I have a situation like yours with a common grantor, I entitle the document a “Declaration of Easement” and include language substantially as follows:

WHEREAS, despite _________ owning both Parcels A and B, __________ intends this declaration and creation of the easement described for the benefit Parcel B not be eliminated by the doctrine of merger and that the easement be created immediately and/or referenced in the conveying document and spring into existence upon Parcel A or Parcel B being conveyed to a 3rd party.

It's worth a shot. Let me know if Jefferson County accepts it.

Enjoy your weekend.

Stuart Scarff, Esq.
3035 Island Crest Way, Suite 201
Mercer Island, WA  98040
206.236.1500
206.905.5912 (fax)
www.scarfflaw.com<http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
[Description: FaceBook-icon]<http://www.facebook.com/ScarffLawFirm>  [Description: Linked-In-icon] <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stuart-scarff/2/706/97>     [cid:image003.png at 01D7A63F.F8200F00] <http://www.scarfflaw.com/>
This message and any attachments hereto are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify me immediately that you received this message in error; and do not copy, disclose or distribute this message to anyone.