[WSBAPT] multiple recording fees for PR deed

Mimi Wagner mimi at sanjuanlaw.com
Mon Oct 25 16:54:31 PDT 2021

This is also an issue in San Juan County and has been for a while.  I hate to incur over $400 in recording fees for an “Easement and Covenants” or “Well Agreement and Grant of Easement” but at the same time, if you don’t flag that there are also “covenants” or an “easement” in the document then it doesn’t stand out on the title that there are also covenants, or an easement, or whatever is omitted, in the document, and that can be bad for clients.

I just spent over $1,500 in client funds last week recording a handful of documents for cleaning up one boundary situation.  Really?  I see old documents from not that long ago it seems charging maybe $16 to record.

Mimi M. Wagner

Attorney at Law
mimi at sanjuanlaw.com <mailto:mimi at sanjuanlaw.com>
Phone (360) 378-6234