[WSBAPT] IRA Beneficiary Custom Form : Vanguard

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Oct 21 09:15:14 PDT 2021

Carla,

I am quite interested in the area of IRA beneficiary designation language and can share from experience that I have yet to find a company that will allow a dollar amount to be listed.  Every qualified plan beneficiary designation form I have reviewed has indicated beneficiaries must receive their "amount" by a percentage designation and all percentages, when added, must equal to 100% (this second point seems pretty obvious but honestly it's on every form I have reviewed).

With the Secure act, the trust language to be used is different then in the past.  I am sure you will likely here from people closer in proximity then I but, if you don't, I would gladly consider this project.  Definitely work I enjoy.

Best.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden