[WSBAPT] Using a trust to protect against MTCA liability

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Wed Oct 13 11:57:54 PDT 2021

We had a leaking oil tank in an older (1932) home that had insurance to cover any leaks and ground contamination.

We were able to de-activate and have the tank removed while the policy was in effect. The policy covered removal and cleanup.

We were told that had we not had the tank removed while the policy was in effect, we would have had significant costs and other issues that would have occurred were the tank still in use or still in the ground at the time of sale.

I’m not sure if this is helpful, but we definitely dodged a bullet on that one.

Amy

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>