[WSBAPT] Probate advance assignment of heir's interest

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Oct 5 16:45:11 PDT 2021

I'm with Marcus. I have had maybe three estates where an heir has assigned their interest. In each case, I just contacted the heir directly to confirm that they had in fact executed the assignment documents and had received the loan, and wanted me to pay the loan back from their distribution. The suspicion always in the back of my head was that the documents were completely fraudulent. But in each case, they were legitimate and so the Estate paid the loan at final distribution. I did still have the heir sign a receipt acknowledging that a portion (or all) of their share was being paid via the assignment.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.