[WSBAPT] Guardianship issue

michael westseattleattorney.com michael at westseattleattorney.com
Mon Oct 4 10:33:10 PDT 2021

A friend says that his child, who has a guardian, is over weight and he can't get any help from guardian. Says child is about 5'3" and has a 55 inch waist - can't fit in 56 x 30 pants.  I don't venture into this area so I was unsure what he could do. I told him he could come in and hopefully I can give him some info and maybe a referral if he wants to go forward.
Would anyone like to share if he has grounds to remove the guardian and what the standard is?  Can he contact DSHS or the agency that controls the purse strings ?
Or are there some resource I can access for this info?
Thanks Mike

[cid:1074e35d-874e-4ac5-8f37-d29611aefc28]