[WSBAPT] Avoiding mortgage payments during probate

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Mon Nov 29 14:43:09 PST 2021

On the contrary, I generally advise clients to keep payments current wherever possible, it avoids default interest and the possibility of foreclosure (which adds expense). If that is a problem, it is a good argument for getting the property on the market and sold asap. I will sometimes even advise selling cars and other belongings to keep those payments current.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7E52F.5B4EBF30]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.