[WSBAPT] Amended Petition - Death of Beneficiary

William Brewer wbrewer at ravennaestatelaw.com
Fri Nov 19 10:45:40 PST 2021

Colleagues:

Petition listed two beneficiaries of the estate (in Exhibit A). Letters were granted and now we find out that one of those two beneficiaries passed away before the decedent and without the PR’s knowledge (estranged).

What is the best way to inform the court of this change? Does the entire petition need to be amended and resubmitted? Exhibit A need to be amended?

I have never dealt with this issue before so I would greatly appreciate other thoughts. Please feel free to email me directly.

Best Regards,

Will Brewer

William P. Brewer
Ravenna Estate Law
[signature_1230561264]
4500 9th Ave NE, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98105
206.384.8349

CONFIDENTIALITY AND CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  This communication is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  As required by the Internal Revenue Service, anything contained in this communication pertaining to any U.S. federal tax matter is not to be used for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or for promoting, marketing or recommending to any third party the tax implications of any partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement discussed in this communication.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify this firm immediately by collect call (206)-384-8349, or by reply to this communication.