[WSBAPT] CHAIN OF TITLE QUESTION AND POSSIBLE REFERRAL

Laura Latta laura at lauralatta.com
Mon Nov 15 17:41:19 PST 2021

An estate planning client executed a deed transferring property from
themselves as husband and wife to their living trust. Two weeks later, as
part of a refi, the lender has the clients execute a deed from themselves
as husband and wife to themselves as joint tenants.
The purpose of the deed appears to be adding the wife's married name to the
chain of title (she had not changed her name when they purchased the house
originally). The issue is potentially that the QCD prepared by the lender
names the husband and wife in their individual capacities rather than as
trustees and totally ignores the QCD to the trust which is the last
document in the chain of title.
Any thoughts on how/whether to address this? In particular, I'm trying to
wrap my mind around whether this is an issue for the clients or only the
lender. Or maybe a problem for the lender is a problem for the borrower.
Being that this is outside my wheelhouse, I'd love to refer it out if
anyone is interested.

--

*Laura LattaLaw Office of Laura Latta PLLC*

she/her

Phone (206) 841-2344

www.LauraLatta.com

PO Box 82356

Kenmore, WA 98028

*NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
replying to this email and immediately delete the message and any
attachments without copying it or disclosing its contents to others.*