[WSBAPT] Excluding an individual as guardian in will

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Fri Nov 12 11:23:23 PST 2021

I certainly think it would be used in consideration by a judge; if the client has minor children, you should consider if you want to add guardianship language in your Power of Attorney in case your client is not passed but has lost capacity.  Last month at the Seattle EPC it was even suggested that a parent fill out a stand alone guardianship appointment form.  I believe the materials had an example.  If interested – send me a direct e-mail and I’ll look into that.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.