[WSBAPT] Adding Spouse to Probate

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Nov 3 16:06:28 PDT 2021

Have you already tried clearing pre-deceased spouse from title with a CPA and death certificate? Is this a testate or intestate pre-deceased spouse? Is the property being sold, or kept in the family? How long ago did first spouse die?

I’m not sure that going back to add the spouse to the probate is particularly useful, or tidy. Depending on answers to the questions above, I would consider a Lack of Probate Affidavit, a simple probate (open, deed, close) or an adjudication of testacy/intestacy and heirship before I tried to convert existing probate to a joint probate.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7D0CC.C07A5F30]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.