[WSBAPT] CO-ATTYS-IN-FACT AND TOD DEED

Jennifer Gellner Jennifer at GELLNERLAWGROUP.COM
Tue Jun 22 10:54:19 PDT 2021

Hi All:

Can co-attorneys-in-fact under a Durable Power of Attorney do a transfer on death deed on behalf of their 100-year-old mother who has just moved into assisted living to avoid probate?  I did the Will and Durable POA in 2018, and she wants her estate divided equally to all 4 surviving children.  They told my receptionist they want to set up a trust to avoid probate 😊 and I wanted to make sure TOD deed is a possibility before I meet with them.

I wonder if attached the Durable POA to the recording will be sufficient?

Please advise.

Jennifer A. Gellner, LL.M.
Principal, Gellner Law Group
P: (425) 235-5535 │ Toll-Free: (877) 252-0738
E: jennifer at gellnerlawgroup.com<mailto:jennifer at gellnerlawgroup.com>
8407 S. 259th St. Suite 203, Kent, WA 98030
505 W. Riverside Ave., Suite 500, Spokane, WA 99201

NOTICE:  The contents of this message, including any attachments, may be protected by attorney-client privilege, the work product doctrine or other applicable legal protections.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

CLIENT ADVISORY:  A spam filter is in use in our IT system.  If you have not received a reply to an e-mail message within 48 hours, please call or leave a voice message for me.