[WSBAPT] estate fees

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Wed Jun 16 10:04:39 PDT 2021

Does anyone have any authority they can cite to support such an allocation?  I don not disagree that it is appropriate in some circumstances, but I would like to see some authority.
One alternative that works in some situations:  Distribute all of the bequests to the non-litigious beneficiaries, so that the only funds remaining will eventually be distributed to the litigious beneficiary.  Then, as the expenses of litigation are paid, guess whose share bears the burden?  Of course, this does not work in all situations, but when it does work, it is a joy to behold.
Phil Jones
Portland, OR

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP