[WSBAPT] Lack of probate affidavit for WA property

Suzanne Lieberman suzanne at cmslawfirm.com
Tue Jun 15 11:12:27 PDT 2021

Hello,

PC is an adult on SSI whose sibling, who was the PR for the probate in
California, where most of the assets were held, closed probate in that
state a few months ago. 3 siblings are only beneficiaries of decedent mom's
estate in will, with everything split equally.

All creditor claims have been paid (decedent died in January 2019), and now
client wants to see if she can do a lack of probate affidavit for the house
in WA where she currently resides (not called out in will).The siblings
want to give her their shares of the house. We would need to set up a SNT
for the client for the CA proceeds and for the WA house.

The question is whether we can do a LOPA for the WA property or whether an
ancillary probate (or full probate minus the creditor claim period) needs
to be opened here (and CA probate reopened?), and whether PC can hire us to
do this or whether it needs to be handled by the sibling PR in California.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Lieberman
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com/>
*811 Kirkland Ave. Suite 201 *(please note new address!)
Kirkland, WA 98033
206-383-6484 (Cell Phone)
206-659-1512 (Main Office)

Legal stuff I have to put in... *To ensure compliance with Treasury
Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly
indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC
to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i)
avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal
Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another
party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).*