[WSBAPT] Statute of Limitations - Improper Transfer

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Mon Jun 7 10:55:09 PDT 2021

Brent:
Did the sibling subsequently sell the house?  If so, I think you would have a 3 year SOL.  Your client (assuming he/she is one of the other siblings) might also have a claim against the title insurance company.  However, if sibling still has the property, it is my understanding that the lack of probate affidavit IS NOT a conveyance, and therefore is no SOL in my view because property is vested in all siblings.  There may be an adverse possession claim against other siblings after 10 years, but that is an entirely different issue.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907