[WSBAPT] Student Loans

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Wed Jul 28 07:48:59 PDT 2021

Good Morning,

I have a probate in which the Personal Representative is certain that the decedent had student loans, but is unable to find any paperwork or other documentation from any lender.

Student loan payments have been suspended during the pandemic, so no bills have been received and no electronic debits have been made from her account.

In the past, decedents’ student loans have been forgiven upon the borrower’s death, but it is my understanding that this is not the case if the loan is from a private lender.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to find out who holds the decedent’s student loans?

The creditor claim period has now ended and we would like to wrap this up.

Amy

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>