[WSBAPT] Creditor Claim Plan of Action

Jennifer L White jen at appletreelaw.com
Tue Jan 26 13:38:59 PST 2021

That sounds like a good plan to send the letter. A couple other things to consider – Prepare your client to dig up documentary proof that the $$ was transferred to the decedent, anything in writing about the “terms” of the deal,  and to put together a record of what has been paid (if it’s contested, then client will have deadman’s statute evidentiary rules to contend with); and since they were good enough “friends” that your client loaned $$, then client probably knows a little bit about decedent’s personal life. If so, I would advise approaching in person the family or whomever starts appearing at the property to start a discussion about repayment of the loan. I think that is a softer approach than just dumping a CC on the estate, and will likely give client an impression of whether it will go smoothly or not.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D6F3E8.98D07990]

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
PO Box 11037