[WSBAPT] Chase bank - small estate affid.

Joshua McKarcher josh at mckarcherlaw.com
Thu Jan 21 16:13:28 PST 2021

Josh,

My guess is that the bank employee looking at this is used to court documents being “certified” vs. “conformed” copies of the given Letters Testamentary, probate order, etc.

In this case, if you make clear the document is NOT filed with a court, so there is no way to “certify” it, then perhaps that will help. I suspect you’re simply dealing with someone who isn’t sure of the process and is doing their best.

If I may suggest that you personally call the branch manager directly, I suspect you may get a good outcome. I have had excellent success with local branch managers of Chase. One in Moscow, Idaho, is a certifiable 😉 superstar and has been personally monitoring for a few months for me an absurdly small account that has an amount frozen by The Chase Bank Master Authority for a potential social security recovery that is never going to happen. No problem. She’ll monitor it, and we’ll wait it out.

Good luck!

Best, Josh

Joshua D. McKarcher
McKarcher Law PLLC