[WSBAPT] Chase bank - small estate affid.

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Jan 21 15:46:18 PST 2021

My client is a widow.  Her husband owned 2 accounts at Chase Bank.
We prepared a claim of successor ,  estate under $100,000.
Chase Bank rejected it because (1) it wasn’t notarized and (2) it wasn’t certified.
I added the notary even though it is a declaration.... and they haven’t been able to explain to the client what “certified” means.

I know when a PofA under a DPA won’t do what has been asked we can demand action or threaten attorney fees.  Is this possible with small estate affidavit?
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185
509 647 5578