[WSBAPT] Will Found after Intestate Probate opened

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Thu Jan 14 11:26:57 PST 2021

I think it might be easier to admit the copy of the Will if you can locate the witnesses. Then just file the Will if it is ever discovered. See https://www.kingcountyprobates.com/admitting-copy-of-will for the procedure and statues on admitting the copy.
I have never done it the other way you suggest, partly because in King County they will issue an Order Directing Bank to open the safe deposit box and look for the will. Seems messier to go from an Administration to Testament/Non-Intervention probate.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Owner

[(Logo) Pleasants Law Firm]<http://www.pleasantslaw.com/>

Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
www.pleasantslaw.com<http://www.pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.