[WSBAPT] CPA Recorded with County but No Property Referenced

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Dec 21 14:15:00 PST 2021

Greetings List -

I have general CPA written in 2000 - what's mine is theirs language. Spouse
1 dies in 2017. The CPA is recorded with King County but it is not filed
with any reference to the primary real estate.

I'm now at the place where Spouse 2 has died. When running and
property/title report it still shows both spouses listed as the owners.

As has been written numerous times - title vests immediately after death.
The question is that the Executor is wanting to sell the house and I am
unclear as to who should be listed as the seller?

Is this a situation where having the Executor open title before listing and
selling would be prudent to make sure that there will be no snags along the
way?

Appreciate any advice as this is a first for me.

Thank you!
Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /