[WSBAPT] Fwd: Traveling Care

Laura Latta laura at lauralatta.com
Tue Dec 14 09:45:45 PST 2021

Amy,
I don’t work in this space so I can’t be of much more use than to ask the
questions that leap to mind which are: Does the parent of this adult child
have any legal authority to delegate? Is there a guardianship or other
arrangement in place.

If so, I’d look to guardianship law to answer the question.

If not, there may be some foundational barriers to using the document
(intended for minors) that you mentioned.

I also bet there are other attorneys here with more experience. I’ll be
interested to know the answer myself. I would usually refer special needs
lawyer under these circumstances.

Warmly,
Laura

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 9:18 AM Amy Goertz <amyjgoertz at icloud.com> wrote:

> Thought I would try one more time to see if anyone might have any input on
> this ...
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>

> *From: *Amy Goertz <amyjgoertz at icloud.com>
> *Subject: **[WSBAPT] Traveling Care*
> *Date: *December 13, 2021 at 9:37:31 AM PST
> *To: *WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
>
> Good morning -
>
> I have a client who wishes to take her friend to Disneyland. The friend is
> 23 and has the capacity of a small child.
>
> I have a parental consent form for getting medical attention for a minor
> for a trip like this, and wonder if the same for can be used in this
> situation where the parent signs off and delegates the travel partner to
> make medical decisions and get care while on vacation.
>
> Any pitfalls that I should be aware of before modifying my current form?
>
> Thanks for your consideration -
>

> *Amy*
>
> *Amy J. Goertz, J.D.*
> *Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC*
> amyjgoertz at icloud.com
>
> 1.888.926.2607 phone
> 1.877.684.1627 fax
>
> Address for correspondence:
> 2829 S. Grand Blvd., Suite 303
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/2829+S.+Grand+Blvd.,+Suite+303+Spokane,+WA+99203?entry=gmail&source=g>
> Spokane, WA 99203
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/2829+S.+Grand+Blvd.,+Suite+303+Spokane,+WA+99203?entry=gmail&source=g>
>

> Additional office locations:
> 510 Bell Street
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/510+Bell+Street+Edmonds,+WA+98020?entry=gmail&source=g>
> Edmonds, WA 98020
> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/510+Bell+Street+Edmonds,+WA+98020?entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
> www.goertzlambrecht.com

> others.***

> others.***

*Laura LattaLaw Office of Laura Latta PLLC*

she/her

Phone (206) 841-2344

www.LauraLatta.com

PO Box 82356

Kenmore, WA 98028

*NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
replying to this email and immediately delete the message and any
attachments without copying it or disclosing its contents to others.*