[WSBAPT] Ignore or Reject a Time-Barred Creditor Claim?

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Thu Apr 22 17:07:37 PDT 2021

Thank you Brent. That makes sense intuitive, and was my original plan, but
parsing the language of 11.40.100(1), it seems as though one could make the
argument that by bothering to reject a claim, you open the door back up and
give the claimant an additional 30 days to pursue their claim against the
estate. Now, we could still use the time-bar as a shield, but I guess my
worry is whether that 30-day clock in 11.40.100(1) could be seen as a
waiver of the original 4 month limitation on claims, which leaves me back
where I started with my discomfortable about how to proceed.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***