[WSBAPT] Ignore or Reject a Time-Barred Creditor Claim?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Thu Apr 22 14:57:58 PDT 2021

I will say that while an estate is still open - I take the time to send a
letter rejecting each untimely claim AND putting the statutory language
saying if they disagree with the denial that they have to sue - as a belt
and suspenders way to do it.  It may not be required but it gives me the
extra confidence that if there ever were a suit that the Court will see
that not only was it time-barred but we rejected it and they didn't even
file suit in a timely manner.

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (preferred pronoun: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /