[WSBAPT] Death Certificate Troubles

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Wed Apr 14 20:14:46 PDT 2021

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

Inge,

Did you try Washington State Digital Archives?

They may not be up to date.  If it were King County, King has super
current records available online.
You can't get the actual certificate but you can get the date of
death.  I forget if it tells you WHERE.

Maybe see if Pierce County has death records.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting Inge Fordham <inge at fordhamlegal.com>:

> Colleagues,
>

>    I know there have been several emails circulated about the new
> requirements for obtaining death certificates after Jan. 1.  I have
> a somewhat unique situation involving a missing fulfillment deed.
> Rather than going through the trouble of initiating a QT action, the
> title co. will accept LOPAS and certified death certificates for the
> 3 individuals at issue.  The problem is that I do not have the dates
> of death, cities of death, or funeral homes for inputting into the
> Pierce Co. website.  It also appears that I would need a court order
> to request them (??).  Does anyone have advice for how I might go
> about obtaining these?  I would appreciate any info.
>

>    Thanks in advance!

>        INGE A. FORDHAM | ATTORNEY
>

>        Fordham Law, PLLC
>

>        3218 Sixth Avenue | Tacoma, WA 98406
>

>        Office: (253) 348-2657 | Mobile: (206) 778-3131
>

>        www.fordhamlegal.com[1]
>

>    CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION: This email is sent to a recipient on
> behalf of an attorney/law firm, and is information intended
> exclusively for the individual, entity or company to which it is
> sent.  This communication may contain proprietary, privileged or
> confidential information or may otherwise be legally exempt from
> disclosure other than to the intended recipient.  If you are not the
> named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy
> or otherwise disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you
> have received this email in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by email or other communication and delete all copies of
> the message.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.fordhamlegal.com