[WSBAPT] Credit Union will not honor Community Property Agreement

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Tue Sep 1 17:33:53 PDT 2020

Client Husband dies, leaving bank account solely in his name. Washington
state CU.
I sent client wife to credit union with copy of CPA and death cert to
transfer account to wife's name. Credit Union refuses.
(not nice things stated about credit unions at this point).

I recall discussions on this topic on this list. Review of last three months
in my emails did not turn anything up by some brief searching.
Seems like a call to legal department of CU might break up this log jam, but
comments on this issue would be appreciated.
Mike

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.