[WSBAPT] charitable bequest

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Mon Nov 16 14:22:46 PST 2020

Personally, I would seek a little more clarification - what is helping?

Fundamentally, I just am curious as to whether it would pass muster if
there was any closer scrutiny by the Court.
First - if there are non intervention powers - I would say that an open
ended bequest would be ok - but I might have example organizations to go
along with that general request - such as the ASPCA or Humane Society.  Or
any animal shelter with a no kill policy.

At the end of the day, if there is an accounting requested and the PR could
show that they gave the requested amount to PETA or Green Peace or the
World Wildlife Fund - it would qualify.

Would I be ok leaving the language as in your e-mail, nope. I would try to
at least drill down more by explaining that there are so many different
shades of service and "helping" that the PR really should know what they
are thinking.

No case law to cite. Just my own thoughts imagining how I would approach
this conversation with a client of mine.

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth*  (preferred pronoun: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com