[WSBAPT] Parties Entitled to See a Will

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Wed Nov 11 11:16:31 PST 2020

Ryan,

On the upside you can rest easy in your research skills – there is no statutory requirement for a copy of a Will in probate to be provided.  As a practical matter, all a beneficiary has to do is go look at the filed Will – it is a public document.  Also, in certain cases I  have willingly provided it and not made the beneficiary or heir go down to the courthouse (which I realize isn’t necessarily literal these days with e-filings).

Good luck.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden