[WSBAPT] HELP: Motion to Shorten Time

Dalynne Singleton dalynne at glgmail.com
Tue May 26 13:01:26 PDT 2020

Has anyone been successful in a motion to shorten time to open probate and appoint Administrator providing less than required notice of hearing?
I need to open an estate and have Letters issues before a statute of limitations runs in a tort litigation proceeding.
If yes, please share as I am up against a hard time deadline and don't want to reinvent the wheel if it has worked for someone else.

I have done Motions to Shorten Time on other matters but in King County for probate:
Pursuant to LCR 7 (10) civil motions:

        (10) Motions Shortening Time.
            (A) The time for notice and hearing of a motion may be shortened only for good cause upon written application to the court in conformance with this rule.
            (B) A motion for order shortening time may not be incorporated into any other pleading.
            (C) As soon as the moving party is aware that he or she will be seeking an order shortening time, that party must contact the opposing party to give notice in the form most likely to result in actual notice of the pending motion to shorten time.  The declaration in support of the motion must indicate what efforts have been made to notify the other side.
            (D) Except for emergency situations, the court will not rule on a motion to shorten time until the close of the next court day following filing of the motion (and service of the motion on the opposing party) to permit the opposing party to file a response. If the moving party asserts that exigent circumstances make it impossible to comply with this requirement, the moving party shall contact the bailiff of the judge assigned the case for trial to arrange for a conference call, so that the opposing party may respond orally and the court can make an immediate decision.
            (E) Proposed agreed orders to shorten time:  if the parties agree to a briefing schedule on motion to be heard on shortened time, the order may be presented by way of a proposed stipulated order, which may be granted, denied or modified at the discretion of the court.
            (F) The court may deny or grant the motion and impose such conditions as the court deems reasonable.  All other rules pertaining to confirmation, notice and working papers for the hearing on the motion for which time was shortened remain in effect, except to the extent that they are specifically dispensed with by the court.

Dalynne Singleton
Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection
1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
360.568.5065
360.568.8092  fax
dalynne at glgmail.com<mailto:dalynne at glgmail.com>
Website:  www.glglawgroup.com

Due to COVID-19, I am working remotely.  As a result, I cannot accept any physical messenger service at this time.  Please email all pleadings and agreed upon service documents to theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com>.  In-person meetings are not possible at this time.  Email is the best way to reach me until further notice.  If you would like a telephone conference, please email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com> or dara at glgmail.com<mailto:dara at glgmail.com> to set such conference.

Thank you very much and stay safe!

LICENSED IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.
[cid:image001.png at 01D6335D.BA673770]  [Rated by Super Lawyers] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=>      [cid:image003.gif at 01D6335D.BA673770]