[WSBAPT] Bank sending Executor bill for their attorney

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed May 13 07:48:28 PDT 2020

A local bank, who employed their attorneys after the mortgage (that had been paid timely at 5.25% since 2003) was late because of the date of death and the amount of time to get the executor and estate account open - has sent the estate the bill for their attorney.

I’ve never seen this before from any creditors claim. My executor is livid and I will be looking through statutes this afternoon that justifies this but wanted to reach out to the brain trust to see if anyone has taken this issue on before.

Thank you!

Brent Williams-Ruth
Attorney-At-Law

Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail / website / facebook /

As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com