[WSBAPT] stimulus check made to deceased

Laurel Brown laurel.brown8385 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:39:10 PDT 2020

Jane,

Thank you for posting the specific instructions, the IRS site is not the
most user friendly.
I also reached out to contacts at my local Chase and Bank of America
branches.  The bank policy is, generally, if there is an estate account set
up for a decedent, a paper stimulus check/IRS check will not be accepted
for deposit unless it is made out to 'The Estate of...."

As far as direct deposit, individuals are instructed to visit the IRS
website for instructions on how to return the funds, or in the case of a
couple where one is deceased, return the portion paid to that individual
($1,200.)

Best,

Laurel