[WSBAPT] half sister an heir by descent?

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Mon Mar 9 16:10:50 PDT 2020

Thank You Both.
Very helpful.
In this case the bachelor decedent didn’t “inherit” from his mom and dad, but instead the $90,000 house was gifted to him by his mom and dad while both were living.  And I see Sara advised that the house, if given or inherited, is traced and because the bachelor received the residence from both the mother of the half sister and from the dad of the full brother, then the both the half sister and the brother gets 1/2 of the proceeds of the house.  There is about $300,000 to $500,000 of classic restored cars, which we won’t be able to trace, but I assume the decedent acquired those while living.  Having not received any of the cars by gift or inheritance, then I take it the brother and the half sister would inherit those funds equally?

Josh

Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185