[WSBAPT] TEDRA and no resident agent

Dalynne Singleton dalynne at glgmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:13:16 PDT 2020

What is the remedy for a PR out of state not having a resident agent appointed?
I just filed a TEDRA and there is no appointed resident agent.
I will make arrangements to serve out of state but is this ripe for removal of PR?  It seems to reason that the PR is disqualified to serve if he has no resident agent appointed.

RCW 11.36.010 person disqualified:
(1) Except as provided in subsections (2), (3), and (4) of this section, the following persons are not qualified to act as personal representatives: Corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, minors, persons of unsound mind, or persons who have been convicted of (a) any felony or (b) any crime involving moral turpitude.

(6) A nonresident may be appointed to act as personal representative if the nonresident appoints an agent who is a resident of the county where such estate is being probated or who is an attorney of record of the estate, upon whom service of all papers may be made; such appointment to be made in writing and filed by the clerk with other papers of such estate; and, unless bond has been waived as provided by RCW 11.28.185<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.28.185>, such nonresident personal representative must file a bond to be approved by the court.

Dalynne Singleton
Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection
1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
360.568.5065
360.568.8092  fax
dalynne at glgmail.com<mailto:dalynne at glgmail.com>
Website:  www.glglawgroup.com

Due to COVID-19, I am working remotely.  As a result, I cannot accept any physical messenger service at this time.  Please email all pleadings and agreed upon service documents to theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com>.  In-person meetings are not possible at this time.  Email is the best way to reach me until further notice.  If you would like a telephone conference, please email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com> or dara at glgmail.com<mailto:dara at glgmail.com> to set such conference.

Thank you very much and stay safe!

LICENSED IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.
[cid:image001.png at 01D64875.5C808B70]  [Rated by Super Lawyers] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=>      [cid:image003.gif at 01D64875.5C808B70]