[WSBAPT] Refund not processed/Able to Close File?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Thu Jun 4 13:34:37 PDT 2020

Greetings List -

Looking for advice on how to proceed with untangling myself from an absent
client.

Here are the facts:
client came into the fold and signed fee agreement back in 2019. They then
disappeared and never completed the estate planning process. All attempts
to connect via phone, email and written communication were not responded to
and the time passed where - per the terms of my agreement - a refund is
issued and the relationship terminated.

Letter of termination with refund check sent over 90 days ago and check has
not cleared the bank and the letter was not returned to me.

I am uncertain as to how to proceed. I would like to get that file off my
desk but think that since the letter with refund WAS NOT sent certified
mail with return receipt (something to know for next time)....not sure if I
am ok to close.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *