[WSBAPT] Shutting off utilities to decedent's former residence that is occupied by non-tenant

Kaitlyn Jackson kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com
Fri Jul 24 13:01:01 PDT 2020

Generally, the termination notice must expire at the end of the monthly
rental period. By way of example, if the 61st day fell on September 2, 2020
- you would have to have the notice terminate on September 30th to give
them until the end of the monthly rental period.

Kaitlyn

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:56 PM Nicholas Pleasants <nick at pleasantslaw.com>
wrote:

> Wow! That is going to put a huge strain on small-time landlords.
>
> If that is the case, then have your Summons & Complaint for Unlawful
> Detainer ready to go and serve them on the 61st day. And move for default
> as soon as you can. Then get your Writ of Restitution and get the Sheriff
> to put them out. Whole process will take about 90 days, but I don’t see a
> faster alternative.
>
> Best of Luck!
>
> Nick
>
> *Nicholas Pleasants*
>
> Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
> 2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
> Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
> (425) 615-7070 tel/fax
> nick at pleasantslaw.com
>
> The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is
> confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
> employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
> unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.

> immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your
> electronic files.
>

> *From: *<wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> on behalf of Stuart Ainsley <
> stuart at ainsleylaw.com>
> *Date: *Friday, July 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM
> *To: *WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
> *Subject: *Re: [WSBAPT] Shutting off utilities to decedent's former
> residence that is occupied by non-tenant
>

> Have a client who recently purchased a property in Snohomish County and
> there was a large outstanding water bill as the water district refused to
> shut off water during Covid even though the water district knew the water
> pipe was leaking under the easement road.
>

> Stuart
>

> NOTE: THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL MESSAGE! If you are not the intended
> recipient, please delete and notify the sender that you received it in
> error. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE OR COPY THE MESSAGE. Thank you.
> ------------------------------

Thank you,

Kaitlyn R. Jackson | Attorney| DIMENSION LAW GROUP PLLC
130 Andover Park East, Suite 300 | Tukwila, WA 98188
t: *206.973.3500 *| f: *206.577.5090*| e: *kaitlyn at dimensionlaw.com*|
www.dimensionlaw.com

Covid-19 Update - Dimension Law Group remains available to serve our
clients and the public during this time, subject to the orders and
recommendations of government authority.

All attorneys and staff are working remotely regular business hours and are
available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. We
will continue to advise and support our clients throughout this health
emergency.

--
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:  This e-mail (including any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may
contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. Attempts to intercept
this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor to fines,
imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify us by e-mail, facsimile, or telephone;
return the e-mail to us at the e-mail address below; and destroy all paper
and electronic copies. Any settlement offer contained herein is made
pursuant to Washington ER 408, and without admitting fault or liability on
the part of this firm’s client(s) or its agents.  IRS CIRCULAR 230
DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I
inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.