[WSBAPT] Non-US Resident Administrator to an Estate - How to obtain an EIN for the Estate

Sara D. Longley sara at longley-law.pro
Mon Jan 27 16:13:49 PST 2020

In my experience it is possible to obtain an EIN for the estate without the
"responsible party" having a SSN, but you have to file the paper form; you
can't go through the online application.

Caveat: this information is a couple years old now, so things may have
changed.  I recommend calling the IRS and getting guidance, and write down
the name and ID # of the rep you speak with.  The number is 1-800-829-4933,
follow the prompts.  They are busy but you can have them call you back when
a rep is available.

Good luck,

Sara

Sara D. Longley, J.D., LL.M.

LONGLEY LAW PLLC

1734 NW Market Street

Seattle, WA 98107

 <tel:%28206%29%20434-5644> (206) 434-5644

 <mailto:Sara at longley-law.pro> Sara at Longley-law.pro

 <http://www.longley-law.pro/> www.longley-law.pro

Pronouns: she, her, hers

ATTENTION CLIENTS: I am in the process of merging my law firm into Ivy Law
Group, PLLC.  Over the next few months my web site will redirect to
www.ivylawgroup.com <http://www.ivylawgroup.com/>  and I will begin emailing
from Sara at ivylawgroup.com <mailto:Sara at ivylawgroup.com> .  My existing email
address and telephone number will continue to function and my physical
office location will not change.  I look forward to serving you in the
coming years.

This email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure.  If you have received this message in error, please inform the
sender by telephone or reply email and delete this message and all
attachments.  Thank you.