[WSBAPT] UNIDROIT Convention

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Dec 28 08:32:36 PST 2020

Jonas:

Just researched this a week or two ago at the front end to see whether I could rely on it to convey a U.S. client’s real property in Canada.

Twenty-three states have adopted  Unfortunately, WA has not adopted the uniform law, although BC and OR both have. I think it’s something the Section should consider advocating. I will recommend a parallel will that deals with the BC property only and complies with its law.

“Uniform International Wills Act.”

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/gpsolo/publications/gp_solo/2011/april_may/estate_planning_withforeignproperty/

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone