[WSBAPT] UNIDROIT Convention

jbdolan at jbdolan.com jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Mon Dec 28 07:40:27 PST 2020

Do any of you knowledgeable folks know whether the state of Washington or the USA signed onto the  UNIDROIT (International Institute for the Unification of Private Law) Convention in 1994 (or 1996)?

It is a long story, but the short version is we are dealing with a US citizen who lived and died in Australia, leaving a fill in the blank LWT that does not appear to comply with Australian requirements for an “international Will,” although I believe it would pass muster pursuant to Washington law.  (All assets, including real property, are in Australia.) The attorney in Victoria, Australia asked me if I could find out the answer to the question above.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jim Dolan

===================

Jones Butler Dolan, PS