[WSBAPT] Mineral rights and community property agreement

Ronda Larson Kramer ronda at larsonlawpllc.com
Wed Dec 16 17:04:53 PST 2020

Listserve,

PC is surviving spouse. Deceased died in 2008. Deceased's will was never probated because they had a community property agreement. Deceased inherited mineral rights in Texas and there are monthly royalties. To clear title in PC, Texas company's law firm has proposed that PC pay them $2,000 to probate the will in TX.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What would you suggest PC should do? (I'm a family friend, and PC is quite elderly and does not want the TX law firm to have the original will because they are strangers).

Thanks for any ideas.

Ronda Larson Kramer
J.D., LL.M. Taxation, Owner

LARSON LAW, PLLC
Elder Law, Estate Planning
P.O. Box 7337
Olympia WA 98507
Ph: 360-259-3076
ronda at larsonlawpllc.com<mailto:ronda at larsonlawpllc.com>
www.larsonlawpllc.com<http://www.larsonlawpllc.com/>

NOTICES: This message, including attachments, is confidential and may contain information protected by the attorney-client privilege or work product doctrine. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message are prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please destroy it and notify me immediately. Any tax advice contained in this message is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the internal revenue code or (2) promoting, marketing, or recommending to others any tax-related matter(s) addressed here.