[WSBAPT] Referral: Medical malpractice defense expertise

Margaret Delp delp at whidbey.net
Wed Dec 16 13:47:21 PST 2020

Hypothetical client (HC) carries the maximum amount of medical malpractice insurance coverage available. HC would like to assure that certain inherited assets could not be reached in the event of a med-malpractice claim. No claims are anticipated, but one never knows. I know that a self-settled asset protection trust would not work in Washington. My questions – can anyone advise me (off-list) as to whether the HC’s current level of liability insurance coverage is likely to be sufficient to protect personal assets? Are there other options to consider to address the client’s concerns?

Thank you!

--

Law Office of Margaret Delp

delp at whidbey.net

Mailing Address: PO Box 292, Langley, WA 98260

Physical location: 2815 Howard Rd., Langley, WA, Second Floor

Phone: 360-579-4530

Fax: 360-512-3114

www.delp-law.com