[WSBAPT] Pets in Will

Martin msilver at wolfenet.com
Mon Aug 24 16:14:30 PDT 2020

I just yelled told the neighbor's kids to walk their nice black lab and hope
the mom and her boyfriend come back at me for meddling so I can blast them
for mistreating the dog.  So I am great with dogs, ok.  But is it possible
these animals are old, unwanted and the people are worried that they will be
turned over to the dog/horse refuge and maybe or maybe not adopted?  I get
involved, intelligently or not, and have usually tried to figure out WWSD
(what would Solomon do).  In other words, I would look at both sides and see
what can be done, and I would tell them that they might consider talking to
separate lawyers if they secretly have doubts.  If not that, then the least
I would urge them to do is use some precatory language (as well as point out
any possible legal issues if I know them), and pick a PR who will at least
get a vet's recommendation as to health, etc.  If they are jerks, you can
walk.  But if they are caring and sad about things I unfortunately would try
to help.  Of course that is why I prefer cold tax matters over any kind of
family matters, not an admirable trait, but what can I say.