[WSBAPT] Gift from Trustee/Beneficiary of RLT to Contingent Beneficiary

John J. Sullivan, Esq. sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 19:35:33 PDT 2020

As long as the transfer is from a wholly revocable trust and dad is the sole
trustee, it is a gift for REET purposes. This assumes the trust agreement
authorizes direct gifts. Older ones required distribution out so the grantor
could make the gift, for Internal Revenue Code reasons that were repealed.

I might consider having the father do a resolution as Grantor instructing
himself as Trustee to make the gift.

John J. Sullivan