[WSBAPT] Chase Bank requiring court order to set up testamentary trust account?

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Sep 26 13:49:26 PDT 2019

My client is a surviving spouse and PR or her husband’s estate.  The LW&T provides that H’s assets go in to a testamentary trust with W as Trustee. W gets all income and whatever she needs during her life. We have about $20,000 in an estate account and we are ready to close the estate.  We have supplied tax I.D. # for the trust and copy of the will.  Local bank people says they checked with legal department and we have to get a court order because it is a Testamentary Trust.

Anyone agree with the bank? If so what kind of order?
If disagree, Anyone know someone at or a direct line to the legal department at Chase? or have a copy of a nasty=gram I can use?
thanks

Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185