[WSBAPT] Providing Client with word version oftdrafttdemandtletters/estate planning documents

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:29:58 PDT 2019

I never give a word version to a client. In my opinion that is malpractice looking for a place to happen.  It still will not stop clients from stealing your work and making it a mess. I had a commercial real estate agent client take my PDF LLC agreement for a complex multi party real estate project with significant tax implications, convert it to Word and hand it out to other deals he was putting together. On top of that he was telling them I drafted it so not to worry. I found out years later when one of the deals blew up. I escaped liability because I has never heard of the people and they admited they had never sopken to me and where they got the agreement.